Assessment is continuous and accounted as follows:
- Teaching Practice – 40%
- TEFL Essays – 30%
- Fulfillment of assignments and participacion in class 10%
- Grammar – 10%
- Classroom Management Tasks – 10%
The teaching practice grade is the most important and the overall grade cannot exceed the TP grade, the written element is there to give credit to trainees who are strong on academic work.
Class participation is to be understood as active participation and not mere presence in class. The preparation of assignments should be taken seriously.
Successful trainees receive an official certificate showing completion of the course and overall grade. They will also be issued with a report from ITTO, showing their performance during Teaching Practice.
The center is always prepared to issue a reference and further information if requested.
Guide to Grades
The certificate will only be awarded to trainees whose performance meets course requirements and criteria in all assessed components.
- Attend the entire course.
- Observe experienced TEFL teachers teaching real students for a minimum of six hours.
- Complete a minimum of ten hours of teaching practice at different language levels with real students of English. Additional teaching practice may be arranged.
- Maintain and submit a portfolio of all written assignments and materials related to the course.
- Submit a total of four written assignments.
GRADE A: Distinction.
An “A” grade is awarded to candidates whose performance has been significantly higher than the required level in all areas of the course.
GRADE B: Merit.
This grade is awarded to trainees whose performance has been significantly higher than the required level in teaching practice.
GRADE C: High Pass.
This grade is awarded to trainees whose performance has demonstrated an overall balance on the course.
GRADE D: Pass.
Candidates who achieve this grade have satisfied all course requirements.