Stay in the loving home of a traditional Mexican family!
$665 USD per 4 weeks, you receive three meals daily and have a private bedroom.
This excellent housing option enables you to stay in the home of one of our carefully selected host families. These host families have welcomed our trainees into their homes for many years. All host families are methodically screened to ensure they are suitable for lodging our trainees. This fantastic housing experience will allow you to immerse yourself in the heart of Mexican culture, practice your Spanish, and make lifelong friends.
Guadalajara, like most metropolitan cities, has residential areas and commercial areas. Because of our privileged location in the Downtown Historic Area, we do not have host homes within walking distance. Our Area is historical, mainly buildings, restaurants, and stores.
All host families are in safe and centrally located neighborhoods at an approximately 30-minute bus ride from our school. On the first day of classes, one of your host family members will bring you to school and come pick you up afterward to show you the daily commute.
Homestay program includes:
- Three meals daily (one packed lunch to bring to school).
- It begins one day before the beginning of the course and concludes one day after it finishes. Each additional night before or after is $20 USD. Each extra week before or after is $100 USD.
- Students do their own laundry.
- Mexican cooking. Would you like to know how to cook a traditional Mexican dish? If your answer is yes, you will love this option. We encourage our trainees and host families to have this great cultural activity once a week. The host family will provide you with the ingredients, encouragement, and, most importantly, their support and warmth to make a traditional feast.
- This option is particularly useful for those who wish to practice their Spanish.