Stay in the loving home of a traditional Mexican family!
For a fee of $100 USD per week, you receive three meals per day and have your own private bedroom.
This excellent housing option enables you to stay in the home of one of our carefully selected host families. These host families have welcomed our trainees into their homes for many years. All host families are methodically screened to make sure that they are suitable for lodging our trainees. This amazing housing experience will allow you to immerse yourself in the heart of Mexican culture, practice your Spanish, and make lifelong friends.
Guadalajara, as most metropolitan cities, has residential areas and commercial areas. Because of our privileged location in the Downtown Historical Area, we do not have host homes that are within walking distance. Our Area is mostly historical buildings, restaurants, and stores.
All of the host families are situated in very safe and centrally located neighborhoods at an approximate 30 to 35-minute bus ride from our school. On the first day of classes one of your host family members will bring you to school and come pick you up afterwards to show you the daily commute.
Homestay program includes:
- One student per family unless otherwise requested.
- Three meals per day (one packed lunch to bring with you to school).
- Begins one day prior to the beginning of the course and concludes one day after it finishes. Each additional night before or after is $21 USD.
- Students do their own laundry.
- Mexican cooking. Would you like to know how to cook a traditional Mexican dish? If your answer is yes, you will love this option. We encourage our trainees and host families to have this great cultural activity once a week. The host family will provide you the ingredients, encouragement and most important, their support and warmth to make a traditional feast.
- This option is particularly useful for those who wish to practice their Spanish.